Monday, October 8, 2007

STV- New Chinese IPO- Third Day IPO rule

CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., (STV)

I will be following my third-day IPO rule and try to pick this up tomorrow. The first and second day would set some boundaries for the high and low prices for the IPO. I feel buying on first day is a gamble, you never know how low they can take it. Two days gives me enough information to do some technical analysis.
I have been successful with the last two IPOs- VMW and WX. Still holding VMW from 56s and today it closed at 95.

Cramer is going to make it difficult for me to get a good entry though. He made the following comment on the Mad Money TV show.

China Digital (STV - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr): "I gotta tell you, man, I read through the prospectus. ... This is as good as a Baidu (BIDU - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating), this is as good as a China Telecom (CHA - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), but this thing is up. ... It does feel like VMware (VMW - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr). Could it add another 20 points? Yeah, I say BuyBuyBuy!"


So, I am going to try to get an entry tomorrow but if Risk/Reward ratio doesn't warrant an entry, then I would wait for an entry at a later date. Otherwise there is always a next cab..or should I say next rocket :)



No comments: